(I think) so fuck it. Let's take this ball and run with it :D
The problem with a political system where you really only have a choice between two parties (because a vote for anyone else is just wasted) is that neither party serves your best interest, in fact neither party really serves anyone's interest except for those people closely associated with those two parties.
In the U.S., the Democrats and the Republicans cooperate and work a lot more closely together than the public realizes.
Paranoid? Conspiracy Theorist? Moi? Heavens no. Sarcastic bastard? Maybe just a little.
But if I'm paranoid, explain why a Presidential candidate would threaten to walk out on a nationally televised debate if anyone other than The Other Party's candidate was present?
The Big Players in the Democrat and Republican parties know how fragile their hold is. They know a Two-Party system doesn't serve the people's best interests, and they don't care. What a Two-Party system does do is make it a lot easier for either Party to retain power, or help them regain it.
Think about it. It's you and one other guy. Would you want a third person coming in to the mix and reducing your chances of winning? Hell, no! So you form an alliance with the other guy to keep everyone else out. Only we're not talking about two guys, we're talking about two political parties, working together, to ensure anyone else is labeled as a crackpot or a whacko or just plain paranoid.
Are you reading this right now and thinking, "He think's the Dems and Pubs actually work together? What a crackpot!"
I'm not a crackpot. You're blind to the truth.
See how that works? We keep on insulting each other and what do we accomplish? Nothing.
What do the Dems and Pubs accomplish? One thing, but it's a Big Thing.
They accomplish Everything.
They kept us fighting each other instead of working together, because the minute we stop fighting each other and see through their facade and begin working together, they lose everything.
Can you imagine a Presidential debate set up between three candidates? I can't.
When I put a third person into the mix, I see Black and White on each side...and a Mediator in the middle. I can't even imagine a three-way debate. The system is not designed to facilitate a three-way debate. You've got a candidate on each side of the stage and...where does the third candidate go?
Between them? So he gets attacked from both sides?
Maybe between them, but set back a little? Where he won't appear quite as important as the two front guys.
Maybe we should just have them all sitting down at one long table.
Maybe I just haven't participated in enough formal debates. I wasn't on the debate team in High School or College, but my recollection of Debates was always the Pro-side and the Con-side. But running a country is not about Pros and Cons, there's a lot of Gray areas.
Where's the Party that thinks it's ok to execute criminals, but won't automatically treat gun owners as such?
Where's the Party that makes the distinction between Church and State, and realizes Marriage has nothing to do with a State-recognized Union?
Where's the Party that thinks homosexuals (of legal age) should be allowed to enter into a State-recognized Union and receive the same Rights accorded to heterosexual partners entering into the same?
Where's the Party that advocates less government interference and involvement in individuals lives? (Are you serious? A Party that wants to put itself out of a job???)
Those are my biggest concerns.
The first labels me as a Republican, while the next two make me...a Democrat???
And that last one? Less government interference?
That last concern labels me a 'crackpot' Libertarian, which is what I really am, and which is what most people in the U.S. are, too.
Most people in the U.S. just want to go about their own life and make their own choices, and they don't really mind what their neighbors do, as long as nobody gets hurt and no laws get broken. If that's you, you're probably a Libertarian.
But the Democrats and Republicans made "Libertarian" a dirty word, an undesirable label, much like Socialist and Fascist, which is why the Democrats and Republicans prefer their current labels.
More people in the U.S. are Libertarians than the Democrats and Republicans would like you to believe, possibly more Libertarians than Dems and Pubs put together, which is why they're labeled crackpots. Nobody wants to be labeled a crackpot, so you reluctantly put yourself down as a Republican or a Democrat, even though you're a gun owning, anti-criminal, pro-homosexual rights kind of guy.
Libertarians? Bunch of paranoid crackpots, if you ask me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I couldn't agree more, and I'm one of the most paranoid crackpots I know! ;-)
Keep things in black and white and you never have to present facts, just propoganda. Ron Paul made more sense to me than any other candidate I have ever heard speak in public. He gave concise answers to direct questions while his opposition proceeded to dodge, distort, and reform EVERY question until their answers no longer had any validity to them. Give concise answers? You're an elitist! Show graphs and charts to support your rationale? You're not down to earth!
It pains me to say that the average American knows more about their favorite TV show than they do about why they stand for something. To think causes these people pain and they would rather slip into their comfortable chair and zone out to digital opium over actually taking a few months per year to analyze the things that matter most.
I think we will see the emergence of a strong 3rd party sometime within the next 25 years as America becomes more and more familiar with the internet, that is, if groups like The Project for the New American Century don't lock down the net; which I'm being told they are already working on.
Libertarianism is the new 'communism' for the 21st Century.
I'm surprised they haven't compared it to Witchcraft.
Nice post! Well said :-) Got here from the blog on PTsoft
Post a Comment